OPC-based communications for data exchange years ago became a stable standard in industrial hardware and software applications. OPC eliminates the requirement to write a custom interface, or server/driver, to exchange data with hardware field devices. This is achived by defining a common, high performance interface that permits this work to be done once, and then easily reused by HMI, SCADA, Control and custom applications.
PLCSIM OPC Server
- is a self-containing OPC DA Server (supports OPC DA2, DA3 standards), written to easily Connect SIEMENS S7-PLCSIM software PLC to any SCADA or HMI, acting as OPC client.
Main features are:
* Out-of-process support - PLCSIM OPC Server
is an executable, being able to launch on a remote machine via DCOM ethernet/internet communications
* Multiple PLC instances support with S7-PLCSIM V5.4 SP3
* Supported S7 standard datatypes: Bool, BYTE, WORD, INT, DWORD, DINT, REAL, DATE_AND_TIME
* Supported S7 array datatypes: RAW (byte array)
* Supported PLC area: Flags (bit memory), Data Blocks, Outputs
* Unlimited number of PLC items
* Simple OPC server's namespace configuration in a single XML-file
* Customizable OPC server update rate for best perfomance on different PCs
* Successfully tested for Windows XP, Windows Vista
New in V1.2
New feature: Core info mapped to OPC server namespace under "!ServerInfo" folder